Thursday 21 September 2023

Appearing at Wanstead Fringe 2023


It has been a while since I have updated my blog, let alone informed my audience about a performance of mine in advance. I had my reasons. The past month has been great actually, productivity-wise, performance-wise and inspiration-wise. September 2023 has been full of unforeseen opportunities, welcomed offers and things to be grateful for.

In regards to performances it was a pleasure to perform at BYOB Box Park Wembley for the first time, performing a recently written crowd-pleasing poem that I debuted at Verses the month before. I saw some familiar faces (fellow Poets) and met many lovely new ones (Poets and audience members turned new fans), and I sold more books which never gets old. Although I recorded the audio of my performance, unfortunately it didn't record well. I wish there was footage of that night as my outfit alone was amazing if I do say so myself ;-) If anything useful comes up on social media from that night, I'll share it with you.

Two weeks ago I attended the launch night of a new variety show called Words & Whizzdom. This was to support another Poet who I met many years ago when she came to perform on the open mic of my poetry event, Poetic Justice. It's always nice to reconnect with people you have once shared a stage with. 

When you have been performing, promoting and event planning for as long as I have, the poetry and open mic circuit gets smaller and smaller, no matter how big it may be getting to the general public with today's notable amount of weekly poetry/spoken word events (in contrast to a few monthly events 5-10yrs ago), growing commercial names and constant newcomers. In saying that, I relished the ol' skool vibe of this event and seeing familiar acts from back in the day (both Poets and Comedians). Again, you should've seen my outfit, my shoes were just too cute! The heatwave has got me making an extra effort lol.

Anyway, I'm happy to announce that I'll be performing at the spoken word event as part of Wanstead Fringe Festival, along with other poetic headlining acts next week. Information is as follows:


WANSTEAD FRINGE FESTIVAL

SPOKEN WORD NIGHT

WED 27th SEPTEMBER 7pm-9:30pm

@ CITY PLACE
5 CLOCK HOUSE PARADE
WANSTEAD
LONDON, E11 2AG

ENTRY FEE: £8

No comments:

Post a Comment