Saturday 7 June 2014

Performance at Lipped Ink



It was a pleasure to do a surprise performance at Lipped Ink (The Poetry Café) last night by joining the open mic and performing one of my latest poems 'My Sermon, My Plea.' Please note that this passionate piece is less related to it's title by content and is just named as such due to it's delivery. I damn near take it to church with that one. You'll understand once you hear it. The audience was beautiful and they fully understood.

It was also a pleasure to hear all the versatile accents that hit the stage expressing their love for the art. And for my fellow Poets of which there are always familiar faces in this small world, it is always nice to be in your presence whether we see each other perform or just bump into one another at these events (specifically the one's who put art before ego). Catching up with old friends and friends and fellow artists is always enjoyable.






No comments:

Post a Comment