Tuesday 21 November 2017

Fusion of the Arts RECAP



Yesterday I had a great time performing at Fusion of the Arts. Camden is a very artsy area and I've performed at a few shows down there however, this one left a slightly greater impression on me. The set-up, their ethos and overall vibe was impressive to me. I loved that there was a mix of Comedians, Musicians and Poets. The eclectic line-up was definitely living up to the name of the event.

While I was on stage fellow Poet politely asked permission to record me live which is so rare! Most people just take out their phones and post your image who knows where without your consent or concern of your comfort. My alliteration wasn't even intentional there lol. As I am cautious and very selective of my image and material being paraded online for all to see, I really appreciated her request "Thank-you."


Looking back at the footage I couldn't help but laugh and cringe at moments that I come out of character or get real intimate with my audience in regard to content and information. You'll understand when you watch.

One of the best compliments that I ever received was when someone said to me "I think you're the best poetry act to ever perform at Fusion of the Arts!" What a compliment, I went home smiling after that.


WATCH THE RECORDING



No comments:

Post a Comment