Tuesday 1 November 2016

As Told By Me

Usually when I perform at a show I am one of the few female Poets there or simply a token. So it feels so good to be a part of a show dedicated to female Poets! The joke is, even shows over the years that claim to represent women, would have a line-up with men (sometimes 50%) in it anyway.....don't get me started on other similar examples of hypocrisy that I could really go on about lol.

I am just happy to come across an event that sticks to its title and to finally see more females representing again. As some who has promoted and organised live events, I know how exhausting it is to look for female Poets/Spoken Word Artists so I look forward to what I am going to see and hear at the As Told By Her (ATBH) event this week.

Last month they had a theme of 'Chocolate' which practically made me dribble at the thought of two of my loves (cocoa and writing). I am a Food Blogger after all, that was such a tease it wasn't funny. I wrote a mouth-watering, funny poem that all Chocoholics would appreciate, only to end up being wasted when I got double booked was not able to attend that show kmt. However, it's a poem saved for another occasion or another book (most likely) so there is still something to look forward to where that's concerned. Even more so, when I came across the theme for this month's ATBH event being 'Relationships & Situationships' I could not believe my luck as my book is all about that and some!

Everything happens for a reason and I am looking forward to digging into that girl talk, although this would be for a mixed audience and men love my poems so I've found so it makes no difference to me, sharing some of my most appropriate poems from the book that I don't get to perform much.


AS TOLD BY HER
Thursday 3rd November, 7pm
@ Dogstar
389 Coldharbour Lane
Brixton
London
SW9 8LQ


FREE ENTRY




No comments:

Post a Comment