Friday 11 March 2016

#IWillSmileTodayBecause...



So the hashtag of the day on the Twitterverse is #IWillSmileTodayBecause and I love that because it's positive and uplifting, as were many of the tweets I read. I know I've said that I have been smiling more since my new year's resolution of 2015 but that hasn't been the case in recent weeks so I needed this today. Now I'm flashing my dimples all over the place and it feels damn good.

The subject had me thinking of why I ought to be smiling and I said to myself "I have all my teeth despite that my wisdom ones are coming out next month lol!" I can also smile because my Blackberry, internet, laptop and all other technology that I depend on daily is working without giving me any grief. My work is being appreciated and celebrated. I smile because good ideas continue to manifest in my active brain and I'm still always happy to learn. Sh*t continues to happen but I continue to fight my battles with my Amazonian self. I smile because I had good reasons to celebrate International Women's Day and World Book Day recently. I smile because I am loved. I smile because it brings positive energy.

In light of all this goodness I put together a collage of pictures that I could find of when I was smiling out of genuine happiness.


It's nice when you can look back at a photo, remember what you were doing at the time and know that you were not smiling just to pose but that it was out of pure happiness. Subjects like these make me think of Kirk Franklin's song Smile and the classic one hit wonder I Love Your Smile by Shanice.

I will continue to smile today because it looks good on me. I recommend you do the same.

Have a happy weekend,

@LK_ReelDeevah

2 comments:

  1. Keep smiling always it suits you and as we all know it takes less muscles to smile than a frown... Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smile! And keep finding reasons to do so;)

    ReplyDelete