Sunday 10 January 2016

New Year, New Things



For some reason the past few weeks of 2016 have been very enthusiastic around me. I mean that in regard to the talk and attitudes of others as well as in pop culture, it's like everyone feels that this is either their lucky year or even better they are making productive plans to make sure that they get the best of out this year. Positivity is what I like to see and hear so it's all good.

I myself have jumped on this bandwagon but then again, being the planner that I am I make productive plans and set out my goals for myself every year anyway, as well as between the time. My main resolution last year was to smile more, I did and it worked for the most part. My resolution this year is to care less about things that don't matter or that are simply out of my control because like Lauryn Hill sang 'After winter must come spring, everything is everything.' Too true.

My main goals for 2016 are to promote the ?*@# out of my new book, have my book tour and make the necessary preparations for my next project. I will always be pro-active with my career goals however, this year I intend to do more things that make me happy in general such as food blogging believe it or not (which I wouldn't have believed myself years ago despite that I studied food and love to eat), enjoy life more and deflect stress more. Don't we all.

I am grateful for many of the great things that have happened to me in 2015, even with the bad things as you do not often get one without the other. My greeting card service did very well, its popularity and sales grew, I published a book and I sold books, I took on film jobs that I did not expect the opportunity of (I am a Filmmaker and freelance in film/video production by trade), I learned a lot and as I love to learn I'm happier to be smarter than I was last year, I also realised my true potential in some areas where I overlooked my talent. Many of my goals were achieved (on paper anyway), I overcame some obstacles and just got on with it. Good things definitely happened and I am pleased.

Bring on 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment